Forum Thread: How to Kill Fleas in the Yard Naturally

In this tutorial, I am going to teach you how to kill fleas in your yard naturally. We will be using a natural remedy that is extremely effective. Unlike every other toxic product, this formula is completely safe for humans, pets and the environment. Most homeowners do not realize the potential side effects that these harsh chemicals can cause. They may work great for killing fleas in yards but they can also harm your children and animals. There are 100% natural ways to get rid of these pests that are equally effective.

Fleas can lead to more than just sleepless nights. These insects have been now to spread tapeworms and typhus to dogs and humans. That is why getting rid of fleas has become a multi-billion dollar industry in the United States. Unfortunately, most people don't realize that they can save a ton of money by taking on this pest control project themselves. Let's learn how to kill fleas in a yard quickly, naturally and inexpensively.

Interesting Fact:

A Flea can cover a lot of ground in a small amount of time. If they are in your yard, they will surely infest your house sooner or later. These insects are capable of jumping 8-12 inches! They can easily hitch a ride into your home on you, your pets or your belongings.

Step 1: Before You Begin Getting Rid of Fleas in the Yard

Here are a few quick tips that you should know about before you get started. When you are battling a flea infestation, you are actually fighting 4 different life cycle stages at the same time. If you extermination method misses one of these stages, then these insects will continue to thrive. Did you know that adult fleas account for less than 10% of the entire infestation? 50% consists of eggs and the final 40% consists of pupa and larva. This is why it is notoriously difficult to kill fleas in a yard.

These little bloodsuckers prefer moist and warm areas that are out of direct sunlight. If you have a pet, take notes on where they spend their time in the yard. Fleas will usually be in the same areas. Pay special attention to garden areas, trees, fences and dog houses. You will likely find these insects in multiple areas of the yard. It is important that you treat each of these areas carefully. This is the best way to kill fleas in the yard for good.

Don't forget treat your animals at the same time you are treating the yard. Your pets could reinfest the yard and vice versa. If you need help with a safe and natural way for killing fleas on dogs, here is a quick video tutorial:

Step 2: Prepare and Clean the Yard

• Mow the lawn and eliminate all weeds and piles of debris. The areas you should concentrate on the most are debris piles, composting areas, leaves and clumps of mowed grass.

• Rake and bag these areas regularly. This will increase the effectiveness and success rate of your treatment. Fleas will have trouble breeding without these habitats.

• Eliminate toys, junk and additional objects in your yard. We don't want to leave any areas that insects could take refuge while you are trying to kill them.

Step 3: The Best Ways to Kill Fleas in the Yard Naturally

Now it is time to get down to business. In my experience, the methods below are the 2 best ways to get rid of fleas outdoors. These techniques are inexpensive and will allow you to treat your entire property. So it's time for the real challenge to begin and for you to choose how to kill fleas in the yard.

Beneficial nematodes

Nematodes are another great natural solution for killing fleas in the yard. Beneficial nematodes are microscopic worms that feed on flea eggs and larvae. They also help to get rid of other unwanted insects in your yard such as mosquitos, termites and grubs. These worms are 100% safe for humans, pets, vegetation, grass and gardens. You can purchase beneficial nematodes at your local Home Depot or Lowes.

Use Cedar to Keep Fleas Away

The best natural way to keep fleas away is to use cedar. Cedar wood chips are a fantastic repellent but it may be difficult to spread them throughout your entire property. I like to use cedar chips around the perimeter of my property (along the fence) to deter new fleas from entering my yard. To treat the inside of the property, I apply cedarwood essential oil. Cedarwood Essential Oil is a natural oil that is extracted from a cedar wood tree. It has powerful antiseptic, insecticidal, sedative and fungicidal properties. It is 100% safe for humans, animals and the environment. All you need is a hose end sprayer, a garden hose and enough cedarwood oil to treat your yard. I do it every single summer! It is the best way to get rid of fleas, mosquitos and ticks naturally!

Step 4: Give Yourself Some Credit for a Job Well-Done!

Using natural remedies means you know exactly which ingredients you are applying around your house. Toxic insecticides are not safe for you, your kids, pets or the environment. These tips will also save you a bunch of money compared to the costs of hiring an exterminator. If you have any other natural methods to kill fleas in the yard, please let me know in the comment section below. Thanks and goodluck!

1 Response

Please post the mixture recipe

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active