This video shows the viewer how to start a fire without sing matches or electricity. This is done by first selecting a fairly large dry log. The aim is to 'chip' or peel smaller pieces of wood off from this log. These pieces will burn more easily and as such will make it easier to start the fire – a small hatchet is a useful tool to use when breaking down the larger log. Once you have the kindling place it on an alcohol wipe. Then use a flint or a fire steel to ignite the alcohol wipe. Once the wipe is burning the kindling should catch fire as well. Gradually add more logs, but remember to be patient as to much wood can put a fire out.
For more information and an instructional demonstration please see the video.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades