Learn how to separate two glasses that are stuck together with this Howcast video tutorial.
You nested two glasses when you put them away – and now they're stuck! Gently pry them apart with this system.
You Will Need
* A sink
* Ice water
* And hot water
Step 1. Turn on the tap
Fill the top glass with ice water; the cold will make the glass molecules contract.
Step 2. Switch to hot water
With the top glass still full of ice water, run hot water over the bottom glass, or place it in a few inches of hot water. The heat makes the bottom glass expand.
Step 3. Do the twist
Gently twist the two glasses; they should come apart easily.
Step 4. Adjust temperatures
Still stuck? Try colder water, or keep the bottom glass submerged in the hot water a little longer. Unsticking them can take anywhere from one to 10 minutes, depending on the glasses.
TIP: Add salt to the ice water to chill it faster.
FACT: One ton of glass consists of 1,300 pounds of sand and 380 pounds of limestone.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades