Learn to clean your hair dryer filter. You'll extend the life of this handy tool and you'll save money.
Know when your blow dryer needs a tuneup. Dryers can overheat or shut down if too much lint builds up. If the dryer runs too hot or the airflow seems weak, the filter should be cleaned.
Unplug your hair dryer. Inspect the front and back grills. Remove any visible lint or hair with tweezers.
Use a small wire brush to remove lint from any vents and wire screens.
If your hair dryer has removable grills, pry them open with a screwdriver and remove the hair dryer filter.
Wash or vacuum the filter with a hose attachment, according to manufacturer instructions.
Let the filter dry completely.
Use the hose attachment to vacuum side vents, grills, and, if you removed the grills, inside the dryer where lint is visible.
Reassemble the hair dryer. Insert the filter and reattach the wire grills. You're ready for a good hair day!
Fact: In the early 1900s, women used their vacuum cleaners as hair dryers by attaching a hose to the exhaust end.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades