You don't need to be handy to clean your patio screen door. Cleaning can be done quickly and easily in a few simple steps.
You Will Need
* A screwdriver
* A utility brush
* A small vacuum cleaner
* A spray lubricant
* A steel wool pad
* Grease-cutting detergent
* Silicone lubricant
* A small brush, toothpick, or compressed air (optional)
Step 1: Remove screen door
Use a screwdriver to carefully remove the screen door from its tracks. Lay it flat.
Step 2: Loosen the dirt
Loosen the dirt in the tracks with a utility brush, brushing along the length of the track.
Step 3: Vacuum excess dirt
Remove the excess dirt with a vacuum.
Dirt and grit on door tracks interferes with opening and closing, and can cause wear and tear on the rollers.
Step 4: Apply lubricant
Apply a lubricant to the tracks and rub them with steel wool.
Step 5: Remove roller
Gently remove the roller for cleaning.
If you can't remove the roller, clean it using a small brush, toothpick, or with compressed air while holding it in place.
Step 6: Clean the roller and tension spring
Clean the roller and tension spring by soaking them in grease-cutting detergent mixed with water. After drying, spray with silicone lubricant.
Fact: Patio doors gained popularity in the U.S. after the post-World War II housing boom.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades