Have some dirty silver laying around the house? Not sure how to get that sterling silver sparkling like it's brand new? Use this easy method to clean tarnished silver.
What you will need:
• A glass, heat-proof dish or pan
• Aluminum foil
• Baking soda
• Boiling water
• A plastic or wooden spoon
• Paper towels
• A soft cloth
• Airtight containers
• Toothpaste and a soft toothbrush (optional) (optional)
Step 1: Prepare dish
Cover the bottom of a heat-proof glass dish with a crumpled piece of aluminum foil. Make sure the foil is placed with the shiny side up.
Step 2: Add silver
Lay the silver pieces flat in the dish.
Step 3: Add baking soda
Sprinkle 1 heaping tablespoon of baking soda evenly over the silver.
Step 4: Add boiling water
Cover the silver with boiling water. Stir with the spoon, to distribute the baking soda.
Step 5: Remove and rinse
As soon as you see that the tarnish has disappeared, remove the silver and rinse.
Step 6: Dry and polish
Dry the silver with a paper towel, and polish it with a soft cloth. Store in airtight containers to slow tarnish buildup and keep silver gleaming.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades