Do you win the prize for messiest room in America? That's a difficult contest, but how about messiest room in your house? It's time to clean your room, so do a good job in the shortest amount of time and get your parents off your back.
What you will need:
• A clock
• A piece of paper and pen
• A duster
• A vacuum
• Spray freshener
Step 1: Identify specific objects
Identify specific things to be done or objects to be organized – books, trash, clothing items – and clean by category.
Step 2: Focus on one area
Focus on one area at a time and clean it, before moving to the next one. Start in one corner and move out from there.
Step 3: Set time limits
Set time limits and make a game out of it, betting on yourself.
Step 4: Post visual reference
Post a to-do list on the door, making a visual reference that targets tasks so you don't forget anything. This confers a sense of achievement.
Step 5: Make bed
Remove your bedding and put on new sheets. Get the dirty dishes, old socks, and any dead things out from underneath.
Step 6: Sort clothes
Separate dirty clothes from clean, which should be folded and put away or hung up.
Step 7: Dust and vacuum
Dust all surfaces and vacuum the carpet. Spray some air freshener. Done.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades