Making the bed is a challenging task, but trying to put a duvet cover over top your comforter is a challenge on a whole different level.
It's almost impossible to get a huge, unmanageable comforter situated right inside the duvet cover, especially by your lonesome. But this hack from Inhabitat will make it a cinch to stuff in just a few simple steps.
Rather than grabbing a corner and stuffing the comforter into its cover, it's better to master the Chipotle-style burrito-rolling method.
- Begin by turning your entire duvet cover inside out, laying it flat against the bed, or your floor if that's an easier space to work upon. Make sure the opening is at the foot of your bed.
- Lay your comforter insert on top of the duvet so that the corners are all aligned with the duvet cover's corners.
- Begin rolling both fabrics like a burrito. As you roll, the duvet itself will encircle the fluffy comforter.
- Once you reach the end of your comforter, stuff one end inside the final lip of duvet fabric.
- Repeat the process for the other end.
- Then flip over the middle too.
- Then just unroll your duvet burrito and you're done.
Now you have a perfectly placed blanket, secured inside its cover! To remove your duvet cover to wash it, just reverse the process above.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.