Tired of having carpet beetles? And no, we're not talking lady bugs! Check out this video for a tutorial on how to rid of them once and for all!
Carpet beetles can damage your carpet, furniture, and clothes, so take action to get rid of these household pests.
Step 1: Find the source
Inspect your home for larvae or shed skin. Carpet beetles like to feed in dark, secluded areas. If the infestation is contained, remove infested material.
Step 2: Vacuum frequently
Vacuum your carpets, drapes, closets, and under furniture frequently. Eggs that are laid indoors occur in lint accumulations.
TIP: Vacuum along baseboards and edges of carpeting where carpet beetles like to feed.
Step 3: Prevent entry
Prevent entry by checking your windows and air ducts for openings.
Step 4: Apply pesticides
Apply pesticides as a last resort. Bedding and clothing should not be sprayed, and read all labels before applying.
TIP: Check with a pest control company to find out the risks of using pesticides in the home.
Step 5: Contact pest control
Call your local pest control if you want an experienced professional to remove the pests.
Did you know? Not all beetles are household pests – ladybugs are considered good luck in many cultures.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades