Spiders are common pests that typically prefer to live outdoors. However, insects and warmth will eventually attract them into our houses. They like to spin their webs in corners, crevices and unused areas of your house. Most species are harmless and even act as a natural repellent for getting rid of other insects. However, in some cases, spiders can be very dangerous. Whichever the case may be, they are scary and people are always looking for natural ways to get rid of them.
Learning how to get rid of spiders is not all that difficult. It certainly will not require you to hire an exterminator. This is a fairly simple pest control project and will not even require the use of insecticides or harmful chemicals. In this article, I will review a homemade method for getting rid of spiders. This natural recipe works both indoors and outdoors.
It's time to get aggressive and let these pests know that you are making a stand! Use your vacuum hose to suck up any webs, spiders and eggs that you can find. You can also use a broom or stick with something wrapped around the end. The key is to eliminate everything in sight. This will get rid of all the spiders on the surface but we will need to take additional methods to completely eliminate the problem.
Before we get into actual extermination methods, we need to take advantage of a few preventative measures and do some minor housekeeping. Before applying a spider repellent, we need to eliminate the areas where spiders and insects are coming into your home.
- Inspect windows, doorways and any other areas that may provide openings. Next, take a trip to the hardware store and grab some caulk and insect proof mesh screen. After we get rid of the spiders, this step will make sure they don't come back.
- Tidy up your home. Pay special attention to the kitchen and food areas. Any places that will attract insects will also attract spiders.
- Outdoor lights provide many benefits but they also attract insects. Again, where there are insects, there are spiders. Keeping outdoor lights off at night will reduce the insect population, thus reducing the spider population. The same theory holds true for your windows. Using thick blinds will attract less insects to your windows.
- You'll also need to do some yard work in order to completely get rid of a spider infestation. Landscaping trees, shrubs and plants are a hotspot for insects. Keep them neatly groomed and remove any dead vegetation from near your house. Relocating some of these items to a different area in your yard would be the best solution.
It is time to gain the advantage. Getting rid of spiders will require the use of my favorite natural repellent. Peppermint oil is a proven and effective tool for pest control problems. It is widely used to get rid of spiders, insects and even mice. Peppermint oil also has many fantastic health benefits. In addition to being used as a spider repellent, it is also great for indigestion, upset stomach, respiratory relief and headaches. Staying in the pest control realm, it is a great way to remove lice from humans. However, my absolute favorite peppermint oil application is using it in a warm bath for soothing stress relief!
Ok, let's get back to using it as a repellent to get rid of spiders.
Mix 25-30 drops of pure organic peppermint oil into a spray bottle with 1 teaspoon of dish detergent and about 1 quart of water. Next, Identify and spray all problem areas to eliminate spiders and other insects from the inside and outside of your home. After you get rid of the spiders, you can continue to use this repellent as a preventative measure. For extremely troublesome areas, place a few drops of pure organic peppermint oil into a cotton ball and place them directly into those areas.
This natural recipe can also be made with other essential oils such as tea tree and eucalyptus oil. All of these oils have a fantastic aroma to humans and work wonders as a repellent for getting rid of insects and pests. Thanks for taking the time to read this article and good luck! If you have any questions, please drop me a comment below.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades