Looking for a way to save on your energy bills at home? How about line drying your clothes? According to the Energy Information Agency, clothes dryers account for 5.8 percent of home electricity usage. Line-dry your washed clothes and linens to keep them from wearing out, and save money on your energy bill at the same time.
What you will need:
• A clothesline
• Wooden clothespins
• Good weather
• Hangers (optional)
Step 1: Snap clothing
Snap each piece of washed material before your hang it to help prevent wrinkles.
Step 2: Turn clothing inside out
Turn your clothing inside out for faster drying and to prevent fading.
Step 3: Pin to clothesline
Pin your articles to the clothesline with wooden clothespins.
Step 4: Dry according to light
Dry silk, synthetic, and fine fabrics in the shade. Dry linen in the sun for fewer wrinkles.
Step 5: Hang shirts
Hang your T-shirts on the line upside down.
Step 6: Throw articles in dryer
Throw your towels or clothing in the dryer for a minute or two if they're still damp or stiff from hanging.
Step 7: Enjoy
Enjoy the fresh smell, lower electric bill, and environmental benefits of line-drying your articles.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades