Open a jar with ease with these simple tips.
You Will Need
* A strong grip
* A towel
* Rubber bands
* A sponge
* A strong kitchen knife or screwdriver
Step 1: Grab jar
Grab the base of the jar with one hand. With your other hand, firmly grasp the lid and turn it counter-clockwise.
Tap the edge of the lid on the edge of a counter to help break the seal.
Step 2: Use towel
Cover the jar with a towel to get a firmer grip if you cannot open the jar with your bare hand.
Step 3: Run under water
Run hot water over the lid to help dissolve any liquid stuck under the lid.
Step 4: Use rubber band
Wrap a thick rubber band around the lid to get a better grip.
Use a couple of thin rubber bands if you can't find a fat one.
Step 5: Use wet sponge
Use a damp sponge to help you get a tighter grip.
Step 6: Poke a hole
Use a strong kitchen knife or a screwdriver to pierce a hole in the lid. This will release the vacuum inside the jar and make it easier to open.
Fact: The ancient Mayans drank liquid chocolate from ornate, cylindrical clay jars.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades