How to Polish a chrome faucet fixture
Watch this video tutorial from the Polish Guy to see how to polish a chrome faucet fixture. In this demonstration we use a Faucet & Fixture Care Kit that includes Simichrome and Flitz Faucet & Fixture Wax to polish a chrome bath tub faucet spout.
Faucet & Fixture Care Kit
Flitz Faucet & Fixture Wax
Simichrome polish in a 1.76 ounce tube
Micro Fiber Cloth
Pair of nitrile gloves
Paper towel or small soft rag
1. Apply a dime size spot of Simichrome polish onto the finger tip of your nitrile glove. The nitrile gloves will keep your hands clean. Cover the entire faucet spout, top and bottom, with a thin layer of polish. Reapply more polish if needed until faucet spout is completely covered.
2. Rub the polish on evenly over the surface you wish to polish and let sit for a couple of minutes.
3. Take a micro fiber cloth and rub off the Simichrome briskly before the Simichrome polish dries . Flip the cloth to a clean spot and buff to the desired sheen. If you have a heavy build up of lime deposits, you may need to repeat the applications of polish to the area involved. This will help to soften it. You may then be able to scrape the deposit off with your finger nail. Then polish to the shine desired.
4. Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3 for the tubs' chrome drain control, the drain hole cover, the faucet hot & cold water control or faucet handles, depending on the type of fixture you have. If desired you may tape off the faucet set's chrome trim with low tack painters tape to help keep the polish off of your tubs' surround surface.
5. After you are happy with the faucets new shine, for added protection, pour a small amount of Flitz Faucet & Fixture Wax onto a paper towel or soft rag. Just enough to moisten it well, not soak it. Rub it on all over the fixture and let dry. Polish the Flitz off to a high shine as desired.