Good Housekeeping shows you how to save your shoes and delicate garments from exposure to rain and mud. If you get mud on your suede shoes, wait until the mud completely dries, then brush the dried mud off with a soft brush. Remaining stains can be safely removed with the delicate side on an emery board.
Water soaked leather shoes can be saved by patting them dry inside and out. Placing crumpled up newspaper inside the shoes and letting them air dry will help them keep their shape and also absorb the rest of the moisture.
For rain spattered silk or wool garments, use your steam iron. Hold it 2 inches above the water stains, going back and forth above the garment until the marks disappear.
To prevent stains on your garment, suede or leather shows, Good Housekeeping recommends Liquid Aquaseal Waterproofing and Conditioner for Leather or Revivex Nubuck Suede & Fabric Water Repellent. They will protect without darkening the fabric.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades