Turn your leftovers into another tasty meal by reheating them the right way.
You Will Need
* Microwave-safe containers
* Heavy plastic wrap
* Oven-safe pans
* Aluminum foil
* A metal strainer
* A food thermometer
Step 1: Reheat soups and other liquids
Boil soups, sauces, gravies, and other liquids over direct heat. Heat cheese-based sauces on lower settings for a longer time and stir often.
Step 2: Microwave small leftovers
Microwave small portions of food on the highest power, using a microwave-safe container. Cover with heavy plastic wrap, stir occasionally, and turn the dish several times while cooking.
Use a food thermometer to check the temperature after cooking. All food should be reheated to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 3: Put roasted food in the oven
Put roasts, casseroles, and pasta dishes with sauce in an oven-safe pan and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake at 325 degrees and heat to 165 degrees.
Don't leave food out for more than two hours. Leftovers should only be kept for four days.
Step 4: Warm up pasta
Warm up leftover pasta without sauce by placing it in a metal strainer and submerging it in a pan of boiling water for 30 seconds.
Step 5: Crisp pizza in a toaster oven
Crisp leftover pizza in a toaster or regular oven set to 350 degrees until the cheese melts.
Fact: Food poisoning sends 325,000 people to the hospital and kills 5,000 people each year.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades