Some of the most effective cleaning products can also be some of the most dangerous. Take bleach, for example. It definitely gets rid of dirt and grime, but it can cause all sorts of health problems—a DIY alternative is much safer.
People are starting to pay a lot more attention to the negative side effects associated with common cleaning products, which is why natural and biodegradable cleaners are becoming more popular. If you're looking for a natural all-purpose cleaner, it doesn't get much more basic (and cheap) than this homemade citrus cleaner.
All you need is some citrus peels and distilled white vinegar for a more concentrated cleaner, and you can add water if you want to dilute it.
Just collect your citrus peels in an airtight container, cover them with vinegar, and let it sit for about 2 weeks.
When the vinegar turns yellow and has a strong citrus smell, strain it, pour into a spray bottle, and get cleaning! You can check out the post over on Apartment Therapy for more details and tips.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades