These elephant-shaped towels are so cute and easy to create that you'll never want to use them for drying.
Step 1: Open towel and lay flat
Open the bath towel lengthwise and lay it flat on the floor. Roll each side inward, toward the center.
Step 2: Fold in half at center
Fold the rolled towel in half with each rolled side serving as a pair of elephant legs, and then stand the legs up.
Step 3: Roll hand towel
Hold the center of the edge of the hand towel between your teeth. Using your hands, roll the top edges inward and downward, making a narrow upside-down "V."
Step 4: Roll up bottom three inches
Roll the point of the "V" up three inches to form the upward curve of an elephant trunk.
Step 5: Pull top for flap ears
Pull down the top layer of the wide end of the trunk to form the ears.
Place animal eyes – which can be purchased at a craft store – at the top of the hand towel, above the flap and between the ears.
Step 6: Set atop larger towel
Set the hand towel trunk with ears and eyes on top of the larger towel, which will serve as the body.
Fact: When author Douglas Adams died, fans instituted "Towel Day," a reference to his book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades