Learn how to fix stretched sweater cuffs with the folks from Martha Stewart's REAL SIMPLE. Don't give up on that sweater with the loose, stretched-out cuffs?just follow these simple tricks to tighten the material, and you'll be ready to put that pullover back into rotation in a snap. These tips will help you fix those old, stretched out sweater cuffs.
What You Need
Wool or cotton sweater, hair dryer, boiled water, bowl
Follow These Three Easy Steps
How To: Fix Stretched Sweater Cuffs Step 1
Pour boiled water into a bowl
Using hot water will help shrink the cuff.
How To: Fix Stretched Sweater Cuffs Step 2
Dampen the cuff
Dampen the loose cuffs of your wool or cotton sweater with some hot water and then re-shape the cuff as needed.
How To: Fix Stretched Sweater Cuffs Step 3
Blow dry the cuff
Dry the areas with a hair dryer—both the hot water and the dryer's heat will cause shrinkage.
Tip: Sometimes using a steam iron is enough to contract the fabric's material.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades