Moving is one chore no one looks forward to. Watch this video tutorial from home improvement expert Danny Lipford to get some tips on how to transport moving boxes from room to room.
Moving heavy boxes can be hard work, but there are some simple tricks that will save your back and make the job go much easier.
When moving a box on carpet, put a piece of heavy (6 mil) plastic sheeting under it. Use a piece of 1" x 2" lumber as a handle by rolling it up one end of the plastic. This will keep the plastic from tearing, and make it easier to pull. Pull the handle to drag the cardboard box easily across the floor.
To keep from scratching a smooth floor—like hardwood, vinyl, or tile—use an old blanket or moving pad to pull the box across it. Another handy moving tip is to turn a piece of furniture that has legs on its side before attempting to move it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades