Remove all those dust mites and pet dander from your pillows on a regular basis with a good wash in hot water. Pillows can be a little trickier to wash than other linens so keep you pillows fresh and new by following proper washing instructions.
Pillows should be washed every three to six months to remove bacteria, mold, and odors. These helpful steps will demonstrate the right way to do it.
You Will Need
* A pillow
* Mild detergent
* A terry cloth towel
* Tennis ball
Step 1: Remove case
Remove the pillowcase and pillow protector.
Step 2: Read label
Read the care label for instructions. Pillows filled with buckwheat or gel cannot be washed.
Step 3: Put in washer
Put the pillow in a washing machine set to the gentle cycle. Use hot water and a mild detergent.
Hot water will remove dust mites.
Step 4: Rinse
Run the pillow through the washer's rinse cycle several times to be sure to wash away any residual detergent.
Step 5: Remove excess water
Remove excess water from the pillow by pressing it with a towel.
Step 6: Dry
Place the pillow in a dryer set on air dry. Prevent matting by putting a clean tennis ball in the dryer.
Did you know? Down is considered the best pillow because of its longevity, adjustability, and natural resilience.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades