A snag in your favorite sweater doesn't have to mean a trip to the tailor?or the donation pile. In just two quick steps you can fix any knit. Learn how to fix sweater snags with the folks from Martha Stewart's REAL SIMPLE. This video offers an easy solution to that snag in your sweater.
What You Need:
Sweater, sewing needle or crochet hook, clear nail polish
Follow These Two Easy Steps
How To: Fix a Sweater Snag Step 1
Push or pull the snag through the sweater
Using a sewing needle, push the scraggly bit of the snag through to the inside of the sweater. If the snag's too big to grab this way, turn the sweater inside out and use a crochet hook to tug the strands to the inside.
Tip: Don't cut the snag's strands; you might create a hole.
How To: Fix a Sweater Snag Step 2
Knot the snag
Keep the snag at bay by tying it in a knot. Dabbing the knot with clear nail polish will stop it from unraveling, but make sure the knit is thick enough to prevent any polish from bleeding through to the sweater's front.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades