Nowadays designer jeans cost anywhere between 100 and 200 bucks (or even more). Consumers have been converted to the concept that the fit and quality is just plain better. This is old news- everybody and their mother has joined the madness. However, what surprises me, is apparently you are not supposed to wash them.
Check out this anecdote, via Apartment Therapy:
"I recently bought my first pair of 'serious' jeans. The reason I know this is because as I was standing at the register about to pay A LOT of money for them, a cool dude who was standing next to me at the register said, 'Oh, you're going to like those.' 'Do you have a pair?' I asked him. 'Nope,' he said, 'But you're going to like those.' I felt like a first time drug buyer or as if I was buying a Ferrari, not a pair of jeans. And then he said, 'Don't wash them.'
'Don't wash them?' I asked, thinking he was joking.
'Nope.' he said.
'Oh, you mean I should only dry clean them?' I tried again.
'Nope.' he repeated. 'Never wash them. You'll ruin them.'
It was at that moment that the woman behind the register piped up and explained that they only 'get really good' when they're not washed. In a pinch, she said, you can wash them in cold water inside out.
And then she said, 'But I freeze mine when they start to feel dirty.'"
So that's that. I don't get it... I guess it has to do with perfect wear? If anybody knows the explanation behind this, by all means, comment below. I'm curious.
And here's the HowTo, extremely simple:
- a pair of dirty (feeling) jeans
- a large Zip-Lock Bag
- a freezer with some room
Step 1 Prepare the jeans.
"Fold your jeans neatly and place inside Zip-lock bag."
Step 2 Place in the freezer.
"Seal bag and insert in freezer."
Step 3 Voila! Clean.
"Remove after one week and wear as new."
- "While this process won't remove stains and isn't really intended for 'work jeans' (I think), it is touted to kill any living organisms and make your jeans FEEL crisp and clean again."
Thanks, Apartment Therapy! For more on the topic, click through.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades