Did you spill red wine on a dry clean only item? Spilling red wine on a dry-clean-only item of clothing doesn't have to mean the end of your favorite dress or jacket. Here's how to get a head start on dissolving the stain, before dropping the item at the dry cleaner. Learn how to remove a red wine stain with the folks from Martha Stewart's REAL SIMPLE.
What You Need
Water, oil-based solvent, cotton swabs, vinegar, water, dry cloth, stained item
Follow These Four Easy Steps
How To: Remove a Red Wine Stain From Dry Cleaning Step 1
Dab on an oil solvent like Carbona
Use a cotton swab to dab an oil-based solvent onto the stain as soon as possible. Don't rub. Let dry.
How To: Remove a Red Wine Stain From Dry Cleaning Step 2
With a dry cloth, gently remove any residue from the stain area.
How To: Remove a Red Wine Stain From Dry Cleaning Step 3
Dab with diluted vinegar
Make a solution of one part vinegar and two parts water. Dab solution onto spot with a cotton swab.
How To: Remove a Red Wine Stain From Dry Cleaning Step 4
Dab with cold water
Using a clean cotton swab, dab the area with cool water. Send item to the dry cleaner.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades